Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I found my first white hair this morning.


I found my first white hair this morning. I thought to pull it out, but decided instead to keep it as a reminder to do something new today. I woke up almost 2 hours earlier than I normally do; got ready and grabbed my laptop; went to the Starbucks closest to my office; had a tall caramel macchiato skinny w/ whip; and spent some ME time tweeting and reading the news. What a different day it is when I get those 2 extra hours in the morning, and what a great habit to start...

Here's how I don't want to age ~ (I love lists.) I don't:

  1. ...want people to whisper under their breath, she is way too old to be wearing that.

  2. ...want it to be too late to be healthy.

  3. ...want to be at a bar or nightclub and realize that I'm old enough to have babysat most of the people around me.

  4. ...want people to round up to a higher number when guessing how old I am.

  5. ...want to fight it or hate it.

  6. ...want to let my bad habits definte me or use my age as a reason I can't change them.

  7. ...want to wonder where it all went.

  8. ...want to give up and wear sweatpants to the grocery and claim that it's my relaxed look.

  9. ...want my children to be my only purpose (they are my first priority, but not my only one).

  10. ...want to whine and make excuses about who or why I am not at 100%.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment